1Get complete privacy. Shut and lock all the doors and windows in the room that you'll be staying in. Especially at night, pull the shades or blinds. Put a towel or blanket along the bottom of your door if there is a gap between it and the floor. You want complete privacy with no interference.
- Make sure that you have plenty of things to do, and that you can keep to yourself for the period of time that you have in mind.
2Remove your clothing and place it out of the way in one place that is easily accessible in case you need to get dressed quickly. Lay your clothes out in the order in which you would put them on. (Every second counts!)
3Do what you wish. Find an activity to keep busy, such as:
- Do fun things such as: Read a book, play a computer game, watch TV, draw, paint, play solitaire, do word searches, play guitar, and so on.
- Do more serious pursuits such as: refine your resume, do computer research, do your taxes, clean your room, organize photos, and so on. Things that might otherwise not be much fun to do (i.e. cleaning) are often much enjoyable to do while nude.
- Moderate exercise, stretching, or yoga is very beneficial while nude, especially in front of a full-length mirror, as one can see which muscles and ligaments come into play.
- Give yourself a self-massage. While you are not able to reach your back, you can massage your legs, arms, torso, feet, hands, stomach, scalp, and other places you can relieve tension.
- While nude with an extended amount of time at your disposal, it is a good time to apply moisturizing lotion all over your body as you relax on a blanket. In the winter months, especially, this would help solve dryness issues. You could purchase a special back lotion applicator.
- Don't try anything illegal, harmful or otherwise unintelligent, for obvious reasons.
- While it may be tempting to engage in self-pleasuring behavior while nude, remember that one of the core principles of nudism is that it is practiced in a non-sexual manner. That is why it is important to have as many other things to fill your time as possible once you shut your door.
4When you are finished, put your clothing back on, and go to another room if you want, with no one else the wiser.
- Keep sounds/music to a minimum volume (including avoiding the use of earbuds/earphones) so you can hear if someone comes home or knocks on your door while you are nude.
- Remember to enjoy this time for yourself, and have fun! This is your time to show how unique you are as a person.
- Have a bathrobe and slippers handy, if you must leave the room to answer the door bell, use the bathroom, answer the telephone, get a snack, and so on. It will be much easier than having to put your clothes back on, and then having to take them off again. However, be ready with a quick answer if someone sees you outside your room and wants to know, "What are you doing in a bathrobe at this hour?". "Oh, I'm going to take a quick shower" is a reasonable answer. Of course, then you'll have to follow through and take one!
- It is proper nudist etiquette - while at a nudist resort or other event - to bring your own towel to sit on. Even if you're not ready to go to such an event yet, it's good practice to bring a towel into your room to sit on during your nude time so you can get used to the idea.
- If you plan to be in your room nude for an hour or more, you may want to bring something to eat and drink with you.
- It is wise to practice nudism when your parents or significant other is not at home. This might be different if you can secure the room and keep it to yourself without anyone getting suspicious and inquiring or questioning your behavior. One way this can be done is by taking a "long" shower or bath.
- If you are a woman and menstruating, take precaution.